My condo had the original windows from the day the building was erected. Over the past 10 years, they have really broken down. You could see moisture forming between the glass and the screen. I had full plastic covering on all the windows upstairs that would seriously blow out like a giant bubble when the winds were strong. Air was just coming in and out as it pleased. It was time. Since my community has standards, I had to have casement windows. Which of course, are more expensive. My old ones had gold handles that stuck out and locks that weren’t sexy.
My new ones were going to be slick! The team of 3 arrived at 9 am and quickly got to work. This window was our problem child. The guy is standing right in front of the spot that had rotted out. This was also a major factor for getting these windows done now. We didn’t want the rot to spread and require all new framing.
They were able to save the frame and replace the boards. You can see the hard line towards the bottom of the picture that shows what all they dug out.
Once they got all the insulation packed in, they went around to finish the trim work. Almost there!
Damn they look good!
On the inside, the white handles fold down and look like a seamless part of the window. It was kind of a shame that I had to just hang my curtains back up and cover them up. Already, they are saving me money. I turned the thermostat down to 70 degrees and my furnace isn’t working overtime any more. Looking forward to using them in the warmer weather! And the 2015 tax write off!